Southern Technical Institute Course Completion Policy
Before any online student or participant can obtain certificates of completion, the online enrolled student must properly log on and complete all course work outline for the specific certificate of completion within the allotted time provided for each online course. Southern Technical Institute staff has access to your log-in record to document your participation of the online course work. If the online student does not, or is unable to, complete all levels of the assigned course work, Southern Technical Institute will not issue any course documentation for incomplete coursework. Students are provided more than ample time to complete online assignments. If the student fails to complete the coursework within the allotted time frame, the student will have to re-register and pay the full amount of course tuition if they want to obtain the class again in the future.
Level II Criminal Background Screening for Healthcare Professionals Disclaimer
By Florida law, any individual that applies for employment to any healthcare facility licensed through the Agency for Health Care Administration must undergo a satisfactory Level II criminal background check. Your participation or completion of any Southern Technical Institute online course does not imply or validate any claim to a satisfactory criminal background or your future employment eligibility.
Although Southern Technical Institute does not require a criminal background check for admittance into any online course enrollment or completion, please be aware that healthcare facilities require a student to pass a criminal background check when obtaining employment. Students that have a criminal background history may have difficulty to obtain employment within the healthcare industry. It is also important to understand that current Florida laws enacted, generally permit a state licensing board or agency to deny a license to practice nursing if the applicant has been convicted of a felony or other specified crime.
Online Enrollment/Course Refund Policy
All sales are final. No Refunds. You are purchasing digital study material. CEU testing and CE Broker reporting are complimentary services offered to license Certified Nurse Assistants that have paid and completed Southern Technical Institute CEU courses online. Once material is accessed it is considered used and cannot be returned.
- In special circumstances, if Southern Technical Institute (STI) revokes your online enrollment for any reason and/or if a student has never logged into the coursework and cancels within three (3) business days after enrollment and making initial payment, STI will refund the tuition.
- If you log into any course at any time or request cancellation after the 3rd business day of registering for any online class, Southern Technical Institute will NOT issue any refund.
- To request a refund, you must notify Student Services in writing via email to email@example.com
- Refunds will be issued within 30 days of termination or receipt of cancellation notice.
All content and materials including but not limited to text, graphics, website name, code, images and logos are the intellectual property of Southern Technical Institute, LLC, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including but not limited to the reproduction, distribution, display or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by Southern Technical Institute, LLC.
All Course Materials (which include, but are not limited to, the course content, digital manuals, lecture notes and lecture presentations) are the exclusive property of Southern Technical Institute which grants unto you, the student, a limited license to read and study digitally for your personal use.
You shall not provide the Course Materials to any other person or entity or allow any other person or entity to view the Course Materials or use the Course Materials in any business that competes with Southern Technical Institute.
You shall not use the Course Materials, or any portion thereof, to teach or train any other person. You acknowledge and agree that the training and Course Materials provided by Southern Technical Institute are “unique and extraordinary” (as contemplated by Section 542.335, Florida Statutes).
You acknowledge that the Course Materials contain the intellectual property of Southern Technical Institute and are protected by U.S. copyright laws. You further acknowledge and agree that the Course Materials constitute a “trade secret” of Southern Technical Institute as such term is defined in Chapters 688 and 812 of the Florida Statutes. Reproduction of the Course Materials, including duplication of any material shared during your course, without the express written consent of Southern Technical Institute is prohibited.
Student Code of Conduct Policy
STI recognizes its students as responsible and capable adults and citizens preparing for a career. Students are, therefore, expected to conduct themselves appropriately during their education process in accordance of what will be expected of them upon course completion and/or entering the workforce. The Student Code of Conduct applies to all students and student organizations endorsed by Southern Technical Institute. It shall apply to all student conduct that occurs online, at a campus and/or an event sponsored by STI, inclusive of externships and clinical sites. At the discretion of the Vice President or his or her designee, the policy shall also apply to off-campus student conduct when the conduct, as alleged, adversely affects a substantial institutional interest and potentially violates a campus policy. Any student found to have committed the following misconduct may be subject to disciplinary sanctions as outlined in this policy. This list is not all-inclusive but does include categories of misconduct as defined by the school.
- All forms of dishonesty including cheating, plagiarism, forgery, and intent to defraud through alteration or falsification, or misuse of online coursework;
- Furnishing false information to any STI official, faculty member or office;
- Theft, deliberate destruction, damage, misuse, or abuse of campus property or the property of private individuals associated with STI;
- Inappropriate or profane behavior that causes a disruption of teaching, research, administration, disciplinary proceedings, or other STI activities;
- The use of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances on STI property or clinical or externship sites, including the purchase, consumption or possession or sale of such items;
- Failure to comply with STI officials acting within the scope of their employment responsibilities;
- Bringing children into STI teaching areas. The College does not provide childcare facilities and cannot be responsible for their health, safety or security;
- Failure to comply with any regulation not contained within official STI publications but announced as administrative policy by a STI official or other person authorized by the Vice President or Campus Director;
- Bringing dangerous items such as explosives, firearms, chemical or biological agents, other weapons, whether concealed or exposed onto STI property;
- Violence or threats of violence towards persons or property of students, faculty, staff or the school;
- Improper use of e-mail and internet access; and
- Failure to comply with federal software and piracy statutes forbidding the copying of licensed computer programs.
Students are subject to federal, state, and local laws as well as the regulations of STI. The breach or violation of any of these Students are subject to federal, state, and local laws as well as the regulations of the College. The breach or violation of any of these STI regulations may result in dismissal from STI courses and/or programs. Students who are dismissed for violations of the student code of conduct may not be eligible for re-admission.
Students are expected to maintain good grooming and behavioral standards, and to meet the student dress code. Those students who fail to do acceptable work, have excessive absences, or who conduct themselves in a manner deemed unacceptable by STI may be terminated.
Unless otherwise expressed, Southern Technical Institute, LLC expressly disclaims all warranties and conditions of any kind, whether express, implied or assumed, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
Termination of Use
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.