Per the Florida Board of Nursing:
Licensees of the Florida Board of Nursing are required to renew their licenses biennially in order to maintain the right to practice.
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA) are renewed by the department in two groups:
Group 1 – current license will expire at midnight, Eastern Standard Time, May 31, 2017. Licenses that expired May 31, 2015 will go null and void on June 01, 2017 if not renewed.
Group 2 – current licenses will expire at midnight, Eastern Standard Time, May 31, 2018. Licenses that expired December 31, 2015 will go null and void on January 01, 2018.
All CNAs must complete a minimum of 24 hours of in-service training each biennium. In-service training hours shall include, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Infection Control
- Domestic Violence
- Medical Record Documentation and Legal Aspects Appropriate to Nursing Assistants
- Resident Rights
- Communication with cognitively impaired clients
- CPR skills
- Medical Error Prevention and Safety
The Department of Health, Division of Medical Quality Assurance, will now review your continuing education records in the electronic tracking system at the time of renewal. It will happen automatically when you renew your license, but it is important that you understand how this simple change will affect the way you renew your license in the future.
- If the practitioner’s continuing education records are complete, they will be able to renew their license without interruption.
- If the practitioner’s continuing education records are not complete, they will be prompted to enter their remaining continuing education hours before proceeding with their license renewal.
Where can i take my online CEU courses to renew my CNA license?
Southern Technical Institute is here to help you with your CEU credits and courses. Our award-winning staff alongside our interactive online training site, are here to provide you the knowledge and experience you need to renew your Florida CNA license quickly and conveniently.
STI online CEU courses feature:
CEU Certificate of Completion
Smartphone & Tablet friendly
Reports your CEU’s to Board of Nursing
Southern Technical Institute Credentials
- Licensed by Commission for Independent Education, Florida Department of Education
- Approved Florida Board of Nursing CEU course provider
- Approved CE-Broker #5015636
- Approved by National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
- Member of Better Business Bureau with A+ rating